This is a simple variation of our recipe Chicken with Pasta and Vegetables. It hardly takes any time to prepare and we save it for those hectic days when we have to quickly put something together for dinner. Our kids love spaghetti and we just add the mushroom and spinach to it to make a quick meal.
- 1 lb box spaghetti (we used Ronzoni brand)
- 1 9 oz bag of baby spinach, washed well
- 1 8 oz box of baby bella mushrooms, washed and cut in quarters
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped or crushed in a food processor
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to the instructions on the box, drain and set aside. In a large saucepan, lightly heat about 2 tbsp of olive oil, saute onions until light brown. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper, mix well and saute some more. Add spinach and cook covered for 2-3 minutes until spinach is soft but not overcooked. Set it aside.
Lightly heat the remaining olive oil in the same pan. Add pasta and toss over a few times so it is uniformly coated with olive oil. Add the mushroom and spinach mix on top and serve immediately.