Ever since we discovered quinoa a while back, we have been trying to make different recipes with it. This one is another very quick and simple recipe you can make easily. It tasted great and provided a good way to get some veggies in front of our twins.
- 1 cup organic quinoa (we used the 365 brand from Whole Foods)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green onions
- 2 – 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste
- 2 cups water
Rinse quinoa well. Add quinoa, cauliflower, carrots and water in a saucepan, cover and bring to a boil. Season with soy sauce, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer about 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and quinoa is opened up. When cooked, the quinoa grain appears soft and translucent. The germ ring is visible along the outside edge of the grain as seen in the picture above. Slowly fold in cilantro, green onions, vinegar and olive oil. Serve immediately.