- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs (chicken breast is also an option)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1-2 yellow squash or zucchini cut into small rounds
- 1 small onion, finely chopped or crushed in a food processor
- 3-4 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box Near East Sesame Ginger Rice Pilaf
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 1 small bag of cut broccoli
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Wash chicken pieces and cut into small cubes. Saute onions in olive oil in a non-stick saucepan over low-medium heat until soft. Add chicken and saute more until chicken pieces turn light brown. Add squash, potatoes, salt, pepper and mix well. Add coconut milk to the mixture. Reduce heat and cook covered until chicken and potatoes are fully cooked. Remove from heat, sprinkle cilantro or parsley and cover it until ready to serve.
Cook sesame ginger rice pilaf according to the instructions on the box. Typically it involves first adding olive oil to water and bringing it to a boil. Then add the spice mix and add the rice pilaf. Reduce heat and cook covered until rice is fully cooked, about 20 -3 0 minutes.
Steam broccoli in a steamer until soft but not overcooked. Prepare a sauce by mixing olive oil, crushed garlic and white wine vinegar. Add sauce to taste just before serving.