- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs, about 8 pieces (optionally chicken breast)
- 1 cup organic quinoa (we use Ancient Harvest brand quinoa from Wholefoods)
- 1 jar mango marinade for grilling (or your favorite sauce)
- 1 can chicken broth (optional)
- 2 cups water
- Mixed greens, grated carrots, tomatoes and fruits for salad
Wash chicken thighs, remove excess water and set aside in a large bowl. Add the marinade sauce, mix well, cover and keep refrigerated for about an hour. Grill over low-medium heat for 20-25 minutes. Lightly brush the marinade sauce during grilling for added flavor. Cut into bite size pieces before serving to your toddlers.
Thoroughly wash quinoa and add to a 1 1/2 quart saucepan with water (or chicken broth). Bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat and cover tightly. Let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until all water is absorbed and quinoa is soft. When cooked, the grain appears soft and translucent. The germ ring is visible along the outside edge of the grain.
Serve with a tossed salad of mixed greens, grated carrots, tomatoes and black/blue berries. Our usual salad dressing is a simple olive oil and lemon mix with a little salt and pepper.