- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 onion, finely chopped or crushed in a food processor
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 jar (1 lb 10 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Finely grated Parmesan cheese
In a bowl, mix ground turkey, onions, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Knead with hands to make an even mixture. Add more bread crumbs if necessary. Add chopped cilantro and mix again. Press the mixture into small balls about 1 inch in diameter.
Preheat oven to 400 °F. Arrange the turkey meatballs evenly on a baking tray. Bake for 30 – 45 minutes or until fully cooked through the center.
Warm up the tomato sauce in a saucepan. Pour over cooked meatballs. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese right before serving.